Stuck at home and not able to cook?
Well – the first thought – join an online cooking class to learn at least the basics, so that you do not have to starve. Isn’t it the first thought that comes to mind?
Don’t worry, you are not alone! Millions of people across the world are honing through cooking skills online. Now, if you want to do this professionally, you need to enrol for a course because you will get a certificate.
For all those who are somehow not able to join a culinary school but wish to learn everything about cooking, baking and more – online courses are the best option.
We have tried to put together all information that can be of great help. First, let us answer some of the most frequently asked questions!
Are there any free online cooking courses or classes?
Yes, there are. The Institute of Culinary Education offers more than 800 cooking classes. Other classes include beverage courses, baking courses and professional development classes.
What are some of the popular cooking courses?
- BA in culinary arts
- BVoc In Baking and Cookery
- Bachelor of Catering Technology and Culinary Arts
- BA in International Culinary
Can You Study Cooking Online?
Yes, you can enrol for cooking classes online. Udemy offers several online cooking courses. Students can learn everything from baking to mixing to making curries, soups, salads, snacks, beverages, bread, cookies cakes, and more.
What are the skills that are taught in cooking and baking classes?
Students learn a number of skills during their online classes which they need to practice later. They learn:
- The art of making sauces
- Mixing and temperature knowledge
- Knifing skills
- Vegetable sanitation
- Knowledge on measurements
- Safety skills in the kitchen
- Plating Skills
- Presentation Skills
Indian Cooking Classes Online:
Students who are interested in learning how to cook Indian foods can enrol for Indian cooking classes online.
Indian Cooking Classes – Cuisine:
Students can learn several items that include:
- Mughlai – Students learn different traditional Mughlai recipes such as Biryani, Dal Makhani, Shahi Paneer and more.
- Favorite Indian Dishes – Students learn several Indian favourite foods like chutneys, stuffed parathas, chana masala, kundani aloo, kheer and more.
- South Indian – Food lovers are quite fond of Indian dishes that include idlis, masala dosa, coconut chutney, medu vada, tomato chutney and sambhar.
- Indian Sweets – There are several Indian sweets that students can learn which include rasmalai, jalebi, rasgulla and more.
There are cooking classes that cater to recipes and dishes from different states. These states include Punjab, Rajasthani food, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujrati and Kashmiri dishes. Students can learn different Indian starters and salads. There are several guilt free salads, breakfast snacks, sweet-dishes that are stocked. Students learn desserts like ice cream kulfis, mocktails, sorbet ice-creams, and traditional Indian sweets.
Must Read: Non-Technical Courses for Housewives
How do you start a career in cooking?
To start a career in cooking you need to do the following:
- Complete your bachelor’s degree in Cooking or Culinary
- Complete your Master’s in Culinary Arts
- You need skills for your specialization
How Long is a cooking course?
Cooking and culinary skills can be of a few months to four months. The course you choose depends on what you wish to specialize in. Any professional culinary training can take you 2 years to four years.
Where can you learn cooking in India?
- Sanjeev Kapoor Academy
- Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development, New Delhi
- International Institute of Culinary Art, New Delhi
How Much Does It Cost to Learn Baking?
In India, students who wish to learn baking online might have to spend Rs 12,000 to Rs 15,000
Is Baking a Good Career Option?
Baking is a good career option for everyone. Bakers can find employment in restaurants, grocery stores and bakeries. They can earn a median annual salary of $23,140. Skilled bakers can start their own home business and earn well.